Lockdown lifted at high school in East County

Mount Miguel High School in Spring Valley was placed on lockdown Friday, education officials said.

Lockdown lifted at high school in East County

SPRING VALLEY, Calif. (FOX 5/KUSI) -- Mount Miguel High School in Spring Valley was placed on temporary lockdown Friday, education officials said.

Earlier this afternoon, Mary Rose Peralta, Interim Principal at the high school, sent out a letter to families saying they were investigating "a concerning social media post related to our school."

Around 5:30 p.m., there was an update following law enforcement's investigation. Peralta said "the concerning social media post referenced in my previous update and found no evidence to substantiate any threat to our campus."

The school confirmed that all students and staff are safe, and that all campus activities would proceed.

Those in attendance for the high school's football game were asked to temporarily exit the bleachers. Since the lockdown has lifted, school officials said the junior varsity football team will play a shortened game and the varsity game will begin between 7:30-8 p.m.

"We take all potential safety threats very seriously, no matter how credible they may appear. We appreciate the swift response of our law enforcement partners in investigating the situation and keeping all of our students, staff, and community members safe," Peralta said.

The incident comes after an elementary school in San Marcos was temporarily placed on lockdown Friday morning after a report that two armed men were seen near the campus, authorities said. The report turned out to be unfounded.

Check back for updates on this developing story.